This article will give you information regarding How to Maximize the speed of your Internet Connection.
Checkout for Faster Internet Connections in your Area :
Before getting a Internet Connection you must checkout for Faster Internet Connections in your Area.As Cable Internet and Fiber Optics are Faster than DSL and Dial-Up.
- Reset Your Home Network :
You should always reset your Home Network for a better internet Connection.Sometimes restarting your Router or your Home Network, will increase your Internet Connection Speed.
- Check your Home Network Equipment :
Check your Home Network Equipment in General like If you have Multiple Computers Sharing single Connection, make sure all the connections are physical connected to a Router and Directing traffic Effectively.
- Optimize your Cache or Temporary Internet Files :
Temporary Internet Files improves your Connection speed by preventing, downloading the Same File over and Over.On every Page, when a website puts their logo graphics on every page your computer only downloads a new one when it Changes.
- Use of Wireless Routers :
If you are using a wireless router, make sure it does not Conflict with a Cordless phone or wireless Camera. Conflict of your Cordless phone or Wireless Camera will lead to slow Internet Connection speed.
- Contact Internet Service Provider :
If your internet connection speed is slow even if all your connections are right than don’t worry just contact your Internet Service Provider.They will provide you assistance regarding your Slow Internet Connection speed.
- Upgrade your Computer for better Internet Connection Speed :
For a Faster Internet Connection Speed you must have a Fast Computer.If your Computer is Slow, it doesn’t matter How Fast is your Internet Connection is. Your Connection speed will be Faster, as Fast Your Computer is.
- Upgrade Your Router :
You should upgrade your Router and Firewall Equipment for better Connection Speed. As many old Routers are not able to speed up your Internet Connection due to Technology gap. Also, old routers may be under powered so that even though the theoretical speed is 10 Mbps, the processor on the router is too weak to reach maximum speed and is not successful in forming better Connections Speed.
- Upgrade Your Router Firmware :
You should upgrade your router Firmware, if necessary for better internet connection Speed.you must compare your Firmware with manufactures web site and Download the Latest one.
- Replace Cable Model :
You must replace your old Cable Modem.Due to heat damage because of regular use electronic devices get Damaged, resulting in Poor Internet Connection Speed. As the Cable modem gets Older its resistance towards noise decreases and number of resend requests for the same packet will go up, due to which your internet connection Spped becomes Slower.In order to prevent this type of Situation after-market cable modem as opposed to a cable-company modem will frequently offer a better Internet connection Speed.
- Other Programs :
As other Programs are using your internet Connection, it will result in Slower Internet Connection Speed.To test this if other Programs are using your Internet Connection or not you must Click Start, Click Run. Type “cmd” (without quotes) then Type “netstat -b 5 > activity.txt” after a Minute hold Ctrl and press C. This process will generate a list of files which are using your Internet Connection.Type activity.txt to open the file and view the program list.You can Close that Programs by Opening your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete.Then Click on Process button and end that processes which are using your Bandwidth, which will surely result in Better Internet Connection Speed.
- Usage of Internet Connection :
You must check this, if someone else is using your Internet Connection or not on your Home Network.Your internet Connection Speed will be slow if some one is downloading too much of media through your Internet Connection.
- Satellite Internet :
Depending upon the Internet Connection, Speed of the Internet Connection Varies Like For Satellite Internet Connection Type your Internet Connection Speed may Vary or Altered because of Wind Vibrations, Cloud Activities, Heavy Snow or Heavy Rain and Lightning Static or Electrical Interference.
After do all the above mentioned points you must check your internet connection speed with Speedtest.net. It will show you your Upload speed and Download speed with your Ping speed.
- Internet is Fast toward Broad Band Connections so don’t expect it fast on Dial Up or Moderate Speed services.
- Block untrusted Cookies.
- Your computer should be free of Malwares and Viruses because malwares and viruses eat up yoru Band width.
- Download programs that makes Internet browsing faster like Internet Cyclone,
- If you are using Firefox, download the Fasterfox extension and Firetune.
- For faster internet Connection disable Image option.Moreover Loband.org is a browser which loads web pages without Images.
- You must reduce the amount of programs , which are using your Internet Connection like RSS Feeders, Instant Messengers and Weather Reporters etc.
- Upgrade your RAM.Upgrading your RAM will Increase your Computer speed but will also increase your Internet Connection Speed.
- If you follow the above steps than your Internet Speed will Definitely Improve and you your self will feel the Difference between your previous Connection and new Connection.